Loose Power Button on iPhone 5 is ANNOYING!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Kelped, Oct 3, 2012.

1. Kelped macrumors member

My phone came with a loose power button that rattles when I shake it. After almost two weeks of trying to ignore the issue, it's really starting to annoy me. When my phone vibrates, I can hear it buzzing. When I'm listening to music through the speakers, I can occasionally hear it buzz.

:(

2. Brettka7 macrumors regular

3. DayOfChaos macrumors 6502

My lock button does not move an mm, even when trying to force it. Nada.

4. batmangorden macrumors member

batmangorden

Call or take it to Apple, I'm sure that they will give you a replacement.

First few days of owning my 3GS I noticed the volume buttons would stick if pressed down, took it to them at the store and no questions asked gave me a brand new replacement phone.

5. Stinja macrumors regular

The power button on my iPhone 4 has been rattling for quite some time, I don't think it's that big of a deal :confused:

6. citivolus macrumors 6502a

OP I have exactly the same problem. I've hesitated from going to exchange it as it doesn't seem to me to be a big deal. Please post what you end up doing!

7. A420Turbo macrumors member

Same issue as OP even though its not a big deal and with my luck the replacement will have a problem thats worse. Its a just a lil annoying on vibrate sounds like there are things loose in the device. My only other issue is that I wish that battery lasted longer. Other than these things I love the phone

8. fort macrumors member

9. Towelie1288 macrumors regular

Towelie1288

same issue but i dont really hear it when it vibrates only when i have the phone close to my hear and shake it i hear a small rattle but i think its fine
    i dont want to exchange for another phone and then have another issue but everything else on my iphone is flawless love it so far :D:apple:

10. Leonard1818 macrumors 68020

I've yet to see one that doesn't have a bit of play in the home button (but I've only seen a few.) My 4s does NOT have any play but the 5 does... no biggie I don't think.

11. iceterminal macrumors 68000

iceterminal

Not trying to be snarky, but why don't you actually do something about the problem instead of just complaining? What I mean is your complaint here leads to nothing to solve your problem. So just handle the problem.

I'm sure if there is a defect, Apple will make it right as they have in the past with other problems.

12. nlkccom macrumors 6502a

The power button on my 4 is much more solid, no play at all.

The power button on my 5 is definitely a little looser, but it doesn't rattle when I shake the phone.

My only suggestion, stop shaking your phone. :D

If it annoys you, take it to Apple for replacement.

13. phillyguy macrumors newbie

Mine not rattling when i shake it..But if tap the back anywhere above logo, its rattling, kinda annoying whenever i place it on the table its rattling, feels so cheap..:( just wondering if everyone has this issue or just few?

14. phillyphill macrumors 6502

phillyphill

Are you sure its the power button and not the camera? If you tap the back of any iphone you should hear the camera rattle.