Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kelped

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 24, 2010
My phone came with a loose power button that rattles when I shake it. After almost two weeks of trying to ignore the issue, it's really starting to annoy me. When my phone vibrates, I can hear it buzzing. When I'm listening to music through the speakers, I can occasionally hear it buzz.

:(

batmangorden

macrumors member
Mar 5, 2012
My phone came with a loose power button that rattles when I shake it. After almost two weeks of trying to ignore the issue, it's really starting to annoy me. When my phone vibrates, I can hear it buzzing. When I'm listening to music through the speakers, I can occasionally hear it buzz.

Call or take it to Apple, I'm sure that they will give you a replacement.

First few days of owning my 3GS I noticed the volume buttons would stick if pressed down, took it to them at the store and no questions asked gave me a brand new replacement phone.

citivolus

macrumors 65816
Sep 19, 2008
OP I have exactly the same problem. I've hesitated from going to exchange it as it doesn't seem to me to be a big deal. Please post what you end up doing!

A420Turbo

macrumors member
Aug 17, 2010
NY
Same issue as OP even though its not a big deal and with my luck the replacement will have a problem thats worse. Its a just a lil annoying on vibrate sounds like there are things loose in the device. My only other issue is that I wish that battery lasted longer. Other than these things I love the phone

Towelie1288

macrumors regular
Mar 1, 2012
Texas
same issue but i dont really hear it when it vibrates only when i have the phone close to my hear and shake it i hear a small rattle but i think its fine
i dont want to exchange for another phone and then have another issue but everything else on my iphone is flawless love it so far :D:apple:

Leonard1818

macrumors 68020
Nov 15, 2011
I've yet to see one that doesn't have a bit of play in the home button (but I've only seen a few.) My 4s does NOT have any play but the 5 does... no biggie I don't think.

iceterminal

macrumors 68000
May 25, 2008
Dallas Tx.

Not trying to be snarky, but why don't you actually do something about the problem instead of just complaining? What I mean is your complaint here leads to nothing to solve your problem. So just handle the problem.

I'm sure if there is a defect, Apple will make it right as they have in the past with other problems.

nlkccom

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2008
The power button on my 4 is much more solid, no play at all.

The power button on my 5 is definitely a little looser, but it doesn't rattle when I shake the phone.

My only suggestion, stop shaking your phone. :D

If it annoys you, take it to Apple for replacement.

phillyguy

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2012
The power button on my 4 is much more solid, no play at all.

The power button on my 5 is definitely a little looser, but it doesn't rattle when I shake the phone.

My only suggestion, stop shaking your phone. :D

If it annoys you, take it to Apple for replacement.

Mine not rattling when i shake it..But if tap the back anywhere above logo, its rattling, kinda annoying whenever i place it on the table its rattling, feels so cheap..:( just wondering if everyone has this issue or just few?

phillyphill

macrumors 6502
Apr 23, 2010
lorton
Are you sure its the power button and not the camera? If you tap the back of any iphone you should hear the camera rattle.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.