Loose SIM tray - iPad Pro 9.7

Discussion in 'iPad' started by seadragon, Apr 12, 2016.

1. seadragon Contributor

seadragon

This morning, I went to install a SIM card in my Pro 9.7 and noticed that the SIM tray is a bit loose. I can wiggle it a bit with my finger and it moves in a bit when I press it. I ejected the tray and reinstalled it, but it still has a bit of play. Normally, these things are rock solid from past experience.

Has anyone else noticed this with their Pro 9.7? I keep a silicone case on it which is why I didn't noticed it until now.

This iPad as an absolutely perfect screen on it so I really don't want to end up returning it unless its a problem.

2. seadragon, Apr 13, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2016

seadragon thread starter Contributor

seadragon

Well, I went to the Apple Store and the tray on mine is definitely a bit loose. We tried changing the tray with one on display and it was the same in my iPad. My tray in the display unit was rock solid. So, the problem is in my iPad body.

But, I ended up deciding to keep mine mainly because it lives in a silicone case and the slight wiggle isn't affecting the LTE connection at all. My iPad has a perfect display and I don't want to exchange it and play the display lottery again. Been there, done that.

I know, I know... "Cool story bro". LOL.