Loose sleep/wake button

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mike4, Jun 29, 2010.

1. mike4 macrumors member

Is anyone's sleep/wake button a little loose/wiggley? Same with the volume buttons. When I'm handling the phone I can hear it moving, it sounds and feels cheap :( I just want to know if everyone's is like this?

I am using a bumper as of yesterday, maybe I'm just now noticing it.

2. crmcm macrumors member

I have noticed my volume buttons are loose as well. They wiggle around a bit in the socket. Doesn't seem to be normal.

3. stphnman20 macrumors regular

On my 3G the wake/sleep button sank in.

Maybe dont press so hard? :apple:

4. MadSkillzPhan macrumors newbie

same

i had a loose home button. exchanged it. got a loose sleep wake. nothing to worry about.

5. androidpopjr macrumors newbie

I wouldn't be to worried about it, it wiggles just like the sleep button on the iPad. Unless of course both my i4 and iPad are bad...

6. violaguy5 macrumors member

My ipad sleep button doesn't move at all, but my iphone one has the same wiggly problem. I thought it was normal, but I guess it's not? Maybe I'll bring it in to switch it.

7. Bubba! macrumors newbie

iPhone 4 sleep button

My Iphone 4 also has a wiggly or loose sleep/wake button. It works fine but it moves side to side. I don't want it to fall out! Is it in there good? Are there any wings holding it down?

8. rburly macrumors 6502a

rburly

Someone earlier today it's the camera autofocus inside the phone.

9. Bubba! macrumors newbie

I guess I don't understand. The looseness of the sleep/wake button on the top right is due to the camera autofocus inside the phone?

10. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

Anyone else noticing this issue with the sleep/wake button loose?

11. readerbreader macrumors regular

i have that problem. But i will take it in in a few months (when the Stainless Steel will probably have a few scratches). :D

12. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

By then I'm sure apple will replace it with a refurbished phone..

13. readerbreader macrumors regular

true.but the exterior will be in perfect condition. :p

14. MacGiver macrumors 6502a

MacGiver

I just got my iP4 yesterday, no noise when i shake it, all buttons are rock solid at the exception of my volume buttons that are slightly loose...they only wiggle if i play with them up/down/left/right but remain in place if i shake the phone (no rattle). It bothers me a bit (OCD) especially when i am on the phone and need to adjust the volume, i can hear a bit the metal clicking noise...but i am unsure i will ask for a replacement with the risk of getting one worse...
    I showed it to my wife, she said i am OCD and insane...she would not care at all but she is far from my geek level though :) Once she will get an iP4 if hers is better I will just give her mine ;-)