Loose sleep/wake button?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by vbman213, Jul 30, 2010.

1. vbman213 macrumors 6502

Got my iPhone 4 yesterday. Noticing something odd about the sleep/wake button.

It wiggles very slightly to the left <-> right. I feels slightly loose. It isn't really bothering me, I just want to make sure the button is not like going to fall off lol

The movement is soo slight, but it also causes a very faint click sound if I rotate my iPhone.

Edit: Well apparently the noise if the autofocus in the camera. But the original issue remains to be explained.

Everything else on my phone works just fine! Reception is great, screen is beautiful! Everything works! (Except this slightly loose sleep/wake button)

2. ozzyman500 macrumors 65816

Just deal with it. My home button is a little loose but I haven't noticed it lately. Tried to get a replacement but the replacement was actually worse than mine. I think all iPhone 4's have at least some kind of flaw. If you learn to deal with it you'll feel better.

3. bige12 macrumors 6502

bige12

My volume buttons are kind of wigley but, on of my friends said a case dose help also

4. vbman213 thread starter macrumors 6502

Yea that's what I'm going to do. It doesn't feel like it is going to fall off and the movement is very VERY minimal!

Yea

5. iphone1105 macrumors 68020

iphone1105

fwiw all the sleep/wake buttong on the 2g, 3G and now iP4 I've had have all been slightly "wiggly", I wouldn't put much mind to it. Before your year warranty is up, maybe get a replacement down the road!

6. vbman213 thread starter macrumors 6502

This is the only problem I've experienced. Like I said in the OP, I have no other problems. Other buttons are rock solid. Home button does not move at all! Screen has ZERO dead pixels. Great reception. No antenna problem. Week 30.

I just don't want this to turn into a major problem. I don't want this to cause the sleep/wake button to fail completely. It just seems like the die cut hole in the steel band is just ever so slightly too big. But from the teardown pictures, I don't think it is possible for the button to fall out.