Loose standby/on/off button

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dgsfan, Jan 10, 2009.

1. dgsfan macrumors newbie

Hi. My standby button is becoming very loose. I've read reoprts of the buttons actually falling off. Also, the botton is not flush, is depressed on one side. Do you think Apple will replace this under the warranty?

2. mcavjame macrumors 65816

mcavjame

Sounds like it was dropped. I would say no, they won't take it under warranty.

3. dgsfan thread starter macrumors newbie

It definitely hasn't been dropped. There's not signs of it also. It's in pristine condition. Not scuffs or marks.

4. mcavjame macrumors 65816

mcavjame

Protective cases can hide the fact that an item was dropped. If you have a clear issue, why post asking whether they will accept it?

5. dgsfan thread starter macrumors newbie

Just because I live about 2 hrs from an Apple store and thought I'd seek advice first. Your insinuations are rude too, by the way.

6. mcavjame macrumors 65816

mcavjame

Not being rude, just answering replying to your post. I'm letting you know how your claim will be responded to when you bring the unit in. I thought that was what you were looking for.

No offense intended.

7. dgsfan thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok cool. Thanks for the reply though. I guess it doesn't impede functionality, but it does rattle if I move it. I just feel that this shouldn't happen on a $900 phone (Aus) after only 10 days.