Loose Touch Id Button

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iPad Retina, Jun 13, 2015.

?

Have You Ever Had a Loose Home Button?

1. Yes

60.0%
  2. No

40.0%
  1. iPad Retina macrumors 6502a

iPad Retina

After about 1.5 months with my replacement, my home button has gotten loose, this occurs when tapping the home button, not pushing it all the way down. Sometimes it's really loose, sometimes it isn't. What should I do?

2. Ethos Evoss macrumors regular

Ethos Evoss

This is so disadvantage of iphone and their old style pressing button..
    I suggested apple to ditch button and make just touch (keeping their rounded square line) same like on android ..
    But unfortunately one chinese company had this on mind and quickly took advantage of this and implemented it in their smartphone.. and it look like home button from iP4/4S and iP5 but not pressing jst touch ..

3. Diogene macrumors newbie

Same issue here, mine start a month ago (after 6 months of heavy use)..
    I see plenty of youtube video explaining how to clean it…

Anyway, I can live with that, “c’est la vie” :)

4. eric3312 macrumors 6502

This is one thing that has really ticked me off over the past couple years. My launch day iPhone 5s had a loose, crunchy home button and it left that "poor quality" feeling in my mind.

I got it replaced several times, and low and behold the replacements had similar issues...wiggly, crackly, home buttons. I envisioned them rushing to put the phones together to get them shipped out as quickly as possible.

I finally just accepted the fact and got used to it. But I'm not going to lie, it irritates me clicking that darn home button when I had to. It was always a reminder of the poor, rushed workmanship that went into making the devices.

The same thing happened with my iPhone 6. Only this time my
    Expectations were lowered given what happened with the 5s. So I didn't get it replaced and just dealt with it again.

However I did get my phone replaced recently for another issue and the home button I am using now is PERFECT. Feels solid, tight, and never makes a crunchy/wiggly noise.

This phone was made in April of this year whereas my others, including the 5s were all launch day phones.

So, I have to believe what I said before...they rush the manufacturing of the devices for all the preorders and then when things are relaxed and the demand has died down, they can actually take their time and make sure the phones are built right. This isn't to say anything bad about the employees of Apple making the phones, I'm sure they rushed and it's stressful given the demand for this product

I usually get the new iPhone every year, but I am contemplating keeping my 6 simply because this home button feels perfect and the rest of the phone feels premium as well.