Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vbman213

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 13, 2010
Noticed this when my MBP was closed...

Seems that if I tilt my mbp the trackpad seems to shift just a bit a makes a noise.

So if I tilt my MacBook pro back and forth, the touchpad surface seems to come up just a bit. Should I be concerned about this?

I just got my computer back from getting my screen realigned and a creaking noise fixed...

I feel like I a being way too picky... The functionality of the pad has nt changed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyI2CdPpIbU

saxon48

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2010
Barad-dûr
Well if you just got it fixed, personally I'd go back to where you had it repaired ASAP and let them know what the new problem is.

It could be something totally inconsequential, but hey, better be safe than sorry.

DanMacApple

macrumors 6502
Jul 1, 2010
Well if you just got it fixed, personally I'd go back to where you had it repaired ASAP and let them know what the new problem is.

It could be something totally inconsequential, but hey, better be safe than sorry.

I agree take it back to the place as it could just be a simple adjustment.

vbman213

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 13, 2010
I bet I am starting to annoy them a bit lol

They are an apple authorized service provider.

I've been in there a few times in the past two weeks asking about stuff.

Can somebody pick up their mbp closed and just tilt it forward and backward and tell me of the trackpad makes a clicking noise. Thanks

It kind of makes me look like an o.c.d freak if I keep coming in for little issues that are inconsequential to the overall function of the machine.

The creaking noise from the hinge that I got fixed was caused by some wires in the joint. Not the hinge itself. They said that it might come back, but it won't affect the stregth of the hinge
and can safely be ignored.

saxon48

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2010
Barad-dûr
I bet I am starting to annoy them a bit lol

They are an apple authorized service provider.

I've been in there a few times in the past two weeks asking about stuff.

Can somebody pick up their mbp closed and just tilt it forward and backward and tell me of the trackpad makes a clicking noise. Thanks

It kind of makes me look like an o.c.d freak if I keep coming in for little issues that are inconsequential to the overall function of the machine.

The creaking noise from the hinge that I got fixed was caused by some wires in the joint. Not the hinge itself. They said that it might come back, but it won't affect the stregth of the hinge
and can safely be ignored.

Mine didn't click just now.

You won't be OCD, you're a paying (presumably loyal) customer, and the primary reason why they've got a job. Definitely go ask.

vbman213

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 13, 2010
...sounds like they were either afraid of cracking the track pad and left the screws loose or they had some left over parts after the repair... go get it checked...

Sending them an email right now. With a link to the video.

Will take it in tomorrow.

jclardy

macrumors 601
Oct 6, 2008
Are you sure it is the trackpad making the noise?

On my dad's new 13" MBP it makes a clicking noise when I move it but I'm pretty sure it is the heads parking on the HDD because of the sudden motion sensor.

Edit: Nevermind, just watched your video and saw that the lid was closed, it looks like you may have a problem...

vbman213

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 13, 2010
Are you sure it is the trackpad making the noise?

On my dad's new 13" MBP it makes a clicking noise when I move it but I'm pretty sure it is the heads parking on the HDD because of the sudden motion sensor.

The machine is turned off. Not sleeping, actually powered off.

And if I put my finger on the trackpad, and tilt the computer, the noise goes away.

Its the trackpad.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.