Loose Volume Button on iPhone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by jpnotaku, Jun 26, 2010.

1. jpnotaku macrumors newbie

I noticed this morning that my volume buttons are loose on my iPhone 4. If you press it lightly you can jiggle it up and down. I checked my wife's phone and noticed that her volume controls are nice and tight. :mad:

Does anyone else have this problem on their phone? I wondering if I can get an exchange from Apple for this problem?

2. jpnotaku thread starter macrumors newbie

Called Apple Customer Support and they are sending me a new unit which will arrive tomorrow. :)

3. trixnrice macrumors member

description is on point. however i just discovered it today, it wasn't loose like this prior to today. So i figured its supposed to wear into this wiggling. It doesn't effect the volume control at all, so its not an issue to me, although it is annoying when your cupping the button with your fingers and slightly moving it, it makes this tickiing noise (metal hitting metal).

update: its not supposed to wiggle like this. lol. replacement?

4. MacGiver macrumors 6502a

MacGiver

Did yo exchange it? I notice my volume buttons ae aso slightly loose. I went to the apple store and almost every phone had either the lock/unlock or home or volume button loose...I only have the volume button. I would hate to swap it and get one with the home button loose.

5. MacGiver macrumors 6502a

MacGiver

How is it now? What about your volume buttons and your home and lock buttons?