All iPads Loose volume buttons iPad Air

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Cutterschoice, Nov 18, 2013.

1. Cutterschoice macrumors member

Hi guys, I know there are bigger problems for some than loose buttons, like the screen issues, luckily mine is pretty good.

I want to see if anyone else has slightly loose volume buttons, it's not a massive issue at all however I'm more concerned about failing later down the line as I hope to keep the air for a few years.

The power button is solid however the volume up and down make a distinct noise and have a fair bit of wiggle. I'd just like to see if this is common.

2. eggersj macrumors 6502

eggersj

I have had two iPad Air's now (exchanged for excessive crashing... New one with clean iOS install worked MUCH better; about 1/10 of occurances FYI).

Both had 'loose' volume buttons and mute switch. Don't care though... they work perfectly!!!! If they stop working, then I'll exchange it via Applecare.

3. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

No they should be tight and firm. You might want to exchange while you can still do so for a brand new one. If you do it after the return period you will likely end up with a refurb.

4. s2mikey macrumors 68020

s2mikey

I agree - use the return policy while you can and get a NEW unit.

5. Cutterschoice thread starter macrumors member

Thanks guys, I ended up going to Apple just to get it checked out. There CS really is great, they grabbed a new box, opened it checked it out, was near perfect and no mega loose buttons.

The screen was actually whiter looking then the one I had, so all swapped; they said anything bought from the 1st Nov can take it back for a refund or exchange until 7th Jan.

Much happier with the new one, glad I checked here first.