Los Angeles AT&T service outage

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Surely, Nov 6, 2008.

?

I live in LOS ANGELES and.....

Poll closed Nov 8, 2008.
  1. my AT&T wireless service works just fine.

2 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. I too have no AT&T wireless service.

6 vote(s)
    75.0%
  1. Surely Guest

Surely

So I've had no wireless service since around 6 pm. How many others in the LA area have no service like me?

Has anyone spoken with an AT&T rep to find out why we have no service and for how long?

2. bitesize macrumors member

hmm.. me too, although my edge still works fine.

3. ZooCrewMan macrumors member

I've had more issues than normal today. Not a complete outage though. I had really sketchy reception through Norwalk on the 5, then again on the 101 from downtown till about Santa Monica Blvd., and when I got home to the Valley about 7:30. Seems to be working fine now.

4. RobbRock macrumors member

RobbRock

I had the worst day today I missed a meeting I had to get to because my phone wasnt working so I couldnt get ahold of my sister for directions or use google maps. I literally had to drive around la brea to find a pay phone. Then I was suppose to go out with some friends but got bailed on because my friends couldnt get ahold of me. It just wasnt my night why did this have to happen tonight. As soon as I was on my way home then it worked. But what was funny was my friend has a iphone and my mom and theirs worked during the time mine wasnt but my sisters and mine werent. Was the problem only located in West LA or throughout southern california?

5. Spudmo macrumors newbie

Out in Hollywood

My AT&T phone service was out all night last night, and I couldn't even get some texts through. I think it was still working in the Valley though. But I'm in Hollywood - dead as a doornail all night. "Call Failed" NOT convenient.

6. jlake02 macrumors 68020

jlake02

7. jake36wi41 macrumors member

spent 45 min on w/ AT&T last night, only to eventually have them tell me I "probably just need a new sim card". Glad I didn't attempt to brave the traffic to make it to an ATT store to get a new one. Quality service there :p