Losing 25% battery overnight, every night?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by maximus06, Dec 1, 2010.

1. maximus06 macrumors regular

I've just about had enough of this, I've tried everything! Restored my iPhone 4 on 4.2.1 to default settings and just synced my apps onto it - and still, I lose 25-30% battery every night (~10 hours) while the phone is in standby.

It is NOT jailbroken. There is no app running in the background. Data and 3G are OFF.

Have tried to drain it completely and then recharge to make the battery accurate - doesn't help. I guess I'll need to call it in?

2. ryanrich macrumors regular

Sounds like the battery is definitely unhealthy...

3. Gli.Azzuri macrumors member

Ah this doesnt sound good. Try DFU mode and if that doesnt work then im afraid its a hardware failure... and that means replacement.

4. jabuka macrumors newbie

In my case data transfer (even when not using email or internet) was the cause. After I installed Push Doctor via Cydia the problem was solved. Worth trying for sure.

5. maximus06 thread starter macrumors regular

But how could it be, even after restoring firmware and no JB? May give this a try.

6. Pez555 macrumors 68000

Pez555

location settings on? bluetooth?

if the answer is no, sounds like your battery may be defected. Replacement!

7. maximus06 thread starter macrumors regular

So I turned off WiFi before going to bed...and low and behold the battery remained unchanged the next morning (lost maybe 1% at most).

So not a hardware defect after all. Will continue my testing.

8. Nachos macrumors member

Nachos

All my iPhones, including my iPhone 4 did that until I let it charge for 24 hours straight turned off. That fixed it.

9. poohbear19 macrumors regular

poohbear19

no dip :cool:

10. applefanDrew macrumors 65816

Do you use it as an alarm? I've found that when I have an alarm set...the battery drains like crazy. I lost 14% in one night with an alarm on. When I don't set an alarm, I lose nothing overnight

11. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

I find that the quality of cell service I have has a big impact on overnight losses. With full service I'll lose maybe a couple percent, at home where I have 1 bar or "Searching..." from where my phone sits I'll easily lose 15% overnight. I just plug it in overnight.