Losing an iPhone 4 is like losing your baby... Heartbroken!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by eddiexhart, Mar 8, 2011.

1. eddiexhart macrumors regular

eddiexhart

It's been 2 1/2 days since I've lost my beautiful 32 GB iPhone 4..
    I've checked Find My iPhone about every hour and nothing..
    Why is it so hard to come to terms with this!!
    AT&T wants to charge $600 to replace and Craigslist sellers want $500+
    I'm so heartbroken..!
    Anybody lost their iPhone 4? Did you replace it? So sad... :(:(:(

2. Dandrews524 macrumors 6502

i have never lost my phone thank god but i could only imagine how you feel. my iphone 4 is like my child so i know where youre coming from. thats a real bummer man

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

4. kre62 macrumors 68000

If you can either rustle up a 3GS for less or make do with a flip phone, youd be better off waiting until the 5 comes out.

5. ryguy2303 macrumors 6502

ryguy2303

I bet you'd be less unhappy if you lost your baby.

6. Dandrews524 macrumors 6502

yea even if you could find a cheap 3gs to last you until the iphone 5 comes out that would be way better than grabbing some crappy flip phone. the thought of an old school flip phone makes me shudder

7. Savor Suspended

Savor

I'm guessing some folks here don't have a child or have never lost one. Human life is irreplaceable.

Getting your car stolen is worse than losing a phone. But I know how it feels to lose a phone. I lost two of them. Never an iPhone, but I can imagine feeling far worse. But I have lost more money in gambling than losing a phone. In time, we get over it and just get it replaced or get the newer one. That materialistic love and attachment for our "things" is never equal to the people we love. And when we lose them forever, we will cry for days and far worse.

8. Annerz macrumors regular

awe! I haven't lost it but I'd be so upset ='[

9. Davichi macrumors 6502

This thread is absolutely disgusting. It says losing iphone is like losing your baby as a human baby?

Are you F serious?

Baby is your child and he/she is a human. iPhone is piece of plastic with glass.

Why the hell do you compare human lives to iPhone 4?

Do any of our child not worth 600 dollars?

Jesus christ. You are absolutely unbelievable. Losing iPhone 4 sucks, yes. But, that is your fault and 600 dollars is a forgettable loss. You can even get the iPhone 4 at 399 dollars if you up your contract right now with AT&T.

Obviously, this is what is wrong with this country. People see their iPhone 4 as their child, human.

If there are more people out there who think like this, then this country is done.

10. ann713 macrumors 6502a

You need to relax. I'm pretty sure the OP was just trying to be metaphoric. No one is seriously comparing a phone to a human life...

11. sentinelsx macrumors 68010

Not just our country, unfortunately the whole globe is swiftly getting more in love with materials and less with things that matter.

OP: I am sad for your loss but you will get over it. No need to be "heartbroken". It is a material loss after all. Tell me about being so stupid to leave a wallet full of $500 and an iPhone 3GS at a public place. Yes I did it. But I found that I don't even care about it anymore. I learnt a valuable lesson at least :p

12. trekkie604 macrumors 65816

trekkie604

13. devilstrider macrumors 6502a

14. Reach9 macrumors 68020

Reach9

I'm sorry for your loss, maybe try contacting Apple and they can do something about it?
    I hope you get your iPhone back, but do you mind telling us how you lost it?

15. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

Why not settle for a 16 GB on craigslist? You could probably get one for $400 or less.

16. ideal.dreams macrumors 68020

ideal.dreams

I know how you feel, I had an old flip phone stolen years back - just be thankful you can actually track your iPhone now. Keep trying and if all else fails, buy an iPhone 3GS and wait for the iPhone 5. No sense in spending so much money when a new one's coming out soon.

17. IBradMac macrumors 68000

IBradMac

I've had nightmares of this happening. :(. If I ever lost my iPhone, I've come to terms that I'd just have to buy another one just like it. Sure, it would be expensive, but I couldn't survive in the wild without it.

18. Darthdingo macrumors 6502a

You must not be a parent I take it ? :rolleyes: Materialism is the death of a society.

Losing a piece of Chinese made wires and transistors that are put together into a small rectangular shape, and called the iPhone. But you compared to a living breathing child you brought into this world, you need to check into the hospital mate.

If I lost an iPhone I would say, oh well, time to upgrade to Android anyways. If I lost my child, I would drop a nuclear bomb looking all over this planet 24/7 non stop until I died.

19. ravensfan55 macrumors 6502

If I lost my iPhone, I'd easily and happily come to terms that I could replace the item with something even newer.

Much different than losing a child.

20. phillipsteak macrumors member

do people not understand the concept of exaggeration?

21. miguueeel macrumors member

This made me cry :(:(:(:(:apple:

22. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Me too, so just incase I bought a spare i4 off CL:D
    Gotta be prepared bro.

23. Wrathwitch macrumors 65816

Here is something to consider.

You have cool toys, computers, phone (although now lost), I assume either you have a job or a means of income, you have a warm bed and a roof over your head. Maybe even your own car.

You live in an amazing country where there is anything you want.

If you had to give up all of your toys and perks ie computer, sterio, TV. in exchange for a warm roof and bed, food to eat and a job to keep yourself within modest means, would you trade your toys?

things like this should be an alternate way of looking at all of the amazing things you DO have, not mourning over an electronic piece of trash that is replaceable.

I have an 27" quad core iMac, a 13" Ultra MacBook Air, a 32gb iPhone 4, but I would give up all of these things to live with just my pets and have a warm place to call home.

People are way too spoiled, I know I am, but I am also grateful every single day for all of the blessings that I DO have. Perhaps you should re-evaluate what you have vs what you feel you have lost.

WW

24. 184550 Guest

Because there's not an App for that. (Yet)

25. eddiexhart thread starter macrumors regular

eddiexhart

First of all, You need to calm down. Seeing how I have no children NOR do I plan on having any, I see my electronics as my "CHILDREN" MY MACBOOK PRO IS MY CHILD. MY TV. MY FREAKIN MICROWAVE is my CHILD. I hussle my A** OFF to buy my beautiful shiny amazing "children" SO I feel entitled to call my hard earned electronics my children. SO EXCUSE ME FOR BEING METAPHORICAL! GEESH!

ANYWAYS. Yes I completely understand and accept that me losing my iPhone was MY mistake, trust me I'm living with that fact. But I posted on here, this forum, to my fellow Apple lovers, expressing my loss. This message board is like my therapy but for an Apple lifestyle.

I lost my iPhone this past saturday night. Stupidly, I had put it in my jacket pocket, and I'm assuming that it just fell out. In a matter of one hour. ONE FREAKIN HOUR. And it practically killed me. And still is. But life goes on, right? lol Seriously, FML!