losing faith in ipod touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by karlos4129, Jan 15, 2009.

1. karlos4129 macrumors newbie

for me the ipod touch is the perfect device and i bought one almost instantly.
    for 2 weeks i have had syncing problems which has taken hours and hours to sort so on sunday i went to the apple store and a genius told me it was a 'sensor' fault and replaced with a new device.

now the new device is starting to go haywire, deleteing art work and songs.

my patience is growing very thin, anybody else?

2. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

Yeah, I've had five iPod touch's, but only because three of them have been faulty (the only 'good' ones I've had were an 8GB replacement first gen, and a brand new 32GB 2nd gen which I bought last week after getting sick of the crap happening with my 16GB, and Apple's inability to give me a working unit).

3. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

is your itunes updated? is the firmware updated? and... did you try to restore?

4. crazzyeddie macrumors 68030

crazzyeddie

When you guys are plugging in your new iPods, are you restoring them from the previous backup or starting it as a new iPod? You should obviously not restore from a backup thats been having issues.

Moreover, you should try restoring your current iPods, making sure everything is up to date and that you have some free space available on the device.

5. karlos4129 thread starter macrumors newbie

not to be rude but dont you think the obvious restore, update, reinstall was my first course of action.

i think the device is great but it come with what appears to be many issues and reliability problems

6. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

Mine were hardware problems - dust under the screen, the screen moving around, light leaks, etc - that could not possible be fixed by software restores.

Try again.

7. brad.c macrumors 68020

brad.c

If you want responses tailored to your issues, then be more specific about the symptoms in your first post.

8. STEVESKI07 macrumors 68000

STEVESKI07

Yes that would be the obvious thing with most people, but for some reason it isn't with all people. Unfortunately we don't have the ability to read intelligence through a web browser, so people offer advice assuming the person hasn't exhausted all the obvious 'simple' fixes.

9. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

I'm not even the OP, I was replying saying that I agree with them. Then crazyeddie goes and addresses both of us. As a reply to the OP I never intended to give the circumstances, it was another member pulling me into the issue.

10. brad.c macrumors 68020

brad.c

crazyeddie's advice is valid in many situations. Perhaps not yours, but how would he know that? Forgive him for thinking your post was an invitation for help, rather than a rant+1.