Losing HD space while having VMware Fusion running?!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by prim0, Jul 3, 2011.

1. prim0 macrumors newbie

Earlier, I tried to start VMware, but it didn't allow me due to missing disk space. It seemed weird, because I trashed a lot of stuff yesterday, and had like 8 GB free space. Well, I decided to keep an eye on HD space info while doing other stuff on my MacBook. And as I turned VMware fusion on, it started to eat massive amounts of space up - probably around 200 MB/1-2min. So I decided to stop it and read about this issue on different forums.. and well, it didn't help me at all, because all threads are about "deleting snapshots" which can't be my problem, because I can only find 1 snap shot in the system - and I don't really know if it is a snapshot, because it depicts the current state of what I'm doing in VMware (maybe I'm looking in wrong locations? - if you think this must be the problem, please tell me the exact location to look in).

Hopefully you guys can help me. I'm kind of new to mac, so i will truly appreciate each and one of your replies! :)

2. arjen92 macrumors 65816

arjen92

Can you tell something about the OS you're trying to run? Vista, Windows 7, Ubuntu, Red Hat?