Losing internet connection for some apps via Edge, 3G, & Wifi.

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by mullet, Feb 21, 2009.

  1. mullet macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Dec 8, 2003
    Location:
    B'klyn
    #1
    Either after updating Clippy or installing SBSettings I seem to be losing my internet connection over Edge, 3G, and Wifi for some applications. The applications will work normal and then after time they won't connect to the internet at all. The two applications that seem to be the worst offenders are RadarScope and Byline. Both require an internet connection and both can't connect. I end up restarting the phone and then they work again. Then later on they don't work again. Anyone else seeing this? I'll try removing these extra apps one by one and see if that makes a difference. Otherwise, I'll prolly update to 2.2.1 and start from scratch.

    ~mullet
     
  2. mullet thread starter macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Dec 8, 2003
    Location:
    B'klyn
    #2
    So apparently no one else is seeing this... I've redone everything. I've upgraded to 2.2.1 thinking it was maybe something buggy in my software. Then I restored from a back up. Everything is as it was on 2.2 including this bug where I have to restart the iPhone to get internet connectivity back for some applications. It might be corrupt preferences with one of my jailbroken b based apps. Ultimately, I think it has to do with turning on and off internet settings via SBSettings. Throughout the day, I'll turn off 3G or turn off WiFi or only leave on Edge and I think the turning on and off process is what is causing this wackyness. Any thoughts?

    TIA~
    Mullet
     
  3. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

    Knowlege Bomb

    Joined:
    Feb 14, 2008
    Location:
    Madison, WI
    #3
    You restored from a backup that had a bug and still have the bug. And you're surprised. Think about it.

    Restore your phone, set it up as a new phone, then reinstall everything and see if that doesn't fix your problem. If it doesn't, get it replaced.
     
  4. mullet thread starter macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Dec 8, 2003
    Location:
    B'klyn
    #4
    To be more precise, I figured there might be a chance the bug would persist being that I was carrying over old data. I was just hoping that wasn't the case. At this point, I'm going to try and dig for some preference files relating to SB Settings and see if trashing those works. Otherwise, I'll restore and have to lose all my application data, etc. Oh well, that's the way the cookie crumbles.

    ~mullet
     
  5. mullet thread starter macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Dec 8, 2003
    Location:
    B'klyn
  6. mullet thread starter macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Dec 8, 2003
    Location:
    B'klyn
    #6
    PDAnet was the culprit!!!

    Update:

    So after much fiddling and pondering, I discovered that by leaving the pdanet daemon on all the time it was screwing up my internet connections with various applications. So if you're having weird issues with internet where the internet generally works in some apps but not others then your solution is to turn off pdanet when not using it. Hope that helps.

    ~mullet
     

Share This Page