Losing Internet connection via Airport...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by worldwearyeyes, Dec 29, 2007.

1. worldwearyeyes macrumors regular

I'm able to use the internet for about 20-30 minutes on my Macbook before it's no longer connected to the internet. I'm still connected to the router via Airport though, and both my PC and powerbook (and iphone) keep an internet connection just fine.

Any thoughts on the issue? I have to shutdown, then reboot in order to connect to the internet again.

cheer.

2. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

I'm guessing you're on Leopard as this is unfortunately a known problem that should be fixed in 10.5.2 (should be at MWSF on the 15th) :)

3. worldwearyeyes thread starter macrumors regular

Leopard, correct. So I guess going back to Tiger is the only solution for now...

4. skyrider007 macrumors 65816

skyrider007

It happens on my MBP but not that regularly and badly. All I had to do was press enter twice on the address tab to refresh the connection.

5. Zargot macrumors member

I'm on Tiger and have the same issue, so downgrading may not be the solution... :(

I don't have to reboot, however. Just cycling the power on Airport gets it working again. Still a PITA.

6. Mpulsive81 macrumors 6502

This is why i've stuck with 10.4.9....

as soon as I got 10.4.10, my internet stopped dead in its tracks. Even after all the airport updates that came out, it was just crap. So i had to reformat and I only went up to 10.4.9. I'm too paranoid to even touch 10.4.11 and I surely don't wanna get leopard for the same reason.

Sucks but my internet connection takes priority over getting the latest and greatest.:(