Losing Iwork pages format with MS Office Word

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Nick Subtle, Apr 14, 2010.

1. Nick Subtle macrumors newbie

Hi,

I have recently started using Pages in iwork over Office, I like the easy formatting and usability of Pages. But I have to send all these recently create pages doc in a word format to someone and so I did the Save as Word option.

When I opened the Word file in Word all the text formatting went all over the place, it looked like it put extra tabs in there and there is a split down the middle of the text like it has put it in two columns.

Is there any way to ensure that when I create my pages document that the formatting is agreeable with word.

Thanks
    Nick

2. mysterytramp macrumors 65816

mysterytramp

You might try exporting the file using RTF instead of a .doc file. (Export... under the Share menu)

mt

3. Chedas macrumors newbie

Hi,

I have a similar problem to the one that describes Nick when "saving as" or exporting Pages documents to a .doc format.

I've tried several solutions - changing fonts, adjusting paragraphs, etc - and the only one that comes near to solving it is by, as mysterytramp mentioned, saving it to a .rtf file.However, I'm still losing some important formatting features (text boxes, for instance) when doing so.

If anyone can provide a clearer perspective on what the problem is, I'd be trully thankful.

Cheers,
    André