iPhone Losing Jailbreak

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by lepeos, May 13, 2013.

1. lepeos macrumors member

So I pretty much know the answer but thought I'd at least ask. I have a jailbroken iPhone 5 on 6.1. The lock button has become unresponsive and I know I'll need to bring it to Apple if a full restore doesn't work.

Is there anyway to keep the ability to jailbreak?

Thanks

2. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

Short answer = No.

If you restore you will be pushed to the newest iOS which is not jail-breakable.

3. lepeos thread starter macrumors member

Yeah thought so. And there's no way I can use these blobs to help me?

4. lepeos thread starter macrumors member

5. apatel92 macrumors newbie

I'm in the same boat as you. The right side of my power button doesn't work and I will have to update to 6.1.4 for a restore and to back up my data. Sucks. :( I will be waiting for a jailbreak though!

6. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

However you may be ultra lucky and be presented with a replacement iPhone 5 with 6.1.2 on it if your quick !

7. BarryL macrumors 6502

Cross your fingers on that one.

8. benrd macrumors member

hey guys just updated my similar thread - i went instore yesterday with the same issue on my sleep/power button and got a replacement phone on 6.1.3 :(

hopefully you guys get an older one!

9. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

Bad times.

Perhaps selling that one for another that has iOS 6.1.2 on it then, or live with a stock iPhone for now.

Feel for ya buddy.

10. holyindian macrumors 6502

I am on the same boat. My iphone 5's speaker stopped working and i had to take it to the apple store to get it fixed, they replaced the speaker, but i had to do a factory reset took it to the store. Now my phone is on 6.1.4.i read team unlock has come up with the jailbreak for 6.1.4 but its a paid service.... i am ok with that as long as the news is genuine and if it works... anyone tried it yet?

11. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

it's fake

12. holyindian macrumors 6502

wow thanks for saving me being getting ripped off. i was mentioning abt this one

http://unlock-jailbreak.net/

13. Troneas macrumors 65816

Troneas

shocking.

i wouldnt go trusting any other jailbreaking site for news on this subject save for the official evasi0n website.

these people really have no shame. have you seen their reviews? -"now make a call" -"its working, its working!" LOL

14. rick snagwell macrumors 68040

rick snagwell

you know just cuz a button does not work anymore does not mean you need to replace it!

use activator and make a gesture to simulate the broken button.

15. EDiTOR9 macrumors regular

Seems this is an issue I've seen a lot. Two of my co workers are having the same issue and just a few days ago my power button started acting up :mad:

16. LithePanther macrumors 6502

Agreed. Home button to turn on screen and assisted touch for a virtual sleep/wake button.

17. lepeos thread starter macrumors member

I'm not going to risk attempting to get a phone on 6.1.2 from Apple, going to wait for next jailbreak. My iPad is Jailbroken too and I've lived before with iOS devices, waiting for the jailbreak, and I hate when one is and one isn't.