Losing my Contact??

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by 700-Grizz, May 8, 2011.

1. 700-Grizz macrumors 6502

700-Grizz

I have jailbroken before with greenpoison on older firmware (3GS) with no issues! NOW all of a sudden I have jailbroken with snowbreeze with 4.3.2 two times, and each time I have LOST every contact I had?? Any idea as to why I Keep loosing contacts? Frustrating to keep manually doing this...lol
    I want to install 4.3.3 but i just hate the thought of loosing yet again all my contacts.

2. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

Because by using sn0wbreeze, you basically installed a new firmware without any of your information on it. It uses Apple official firmware to create a customs file while preserve your baseband and then put that file on your phone.

If you don't need to preserve the baseband or keeping the unlock, then upgrade your phone through iTunes, then jailbreak it with redsn0w and you will be able to keep everything on your phone.

3. 700-Grizz thread starter macrumors 6502

700-Grizz

Sounds Legit! But why when I do a restore after i Jailbreak it, I get everything that was on my phone except my Contacts? I even get all my texts, my mail settings with mail, basically all but contacts?

4. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

I believe because these were saved and once you hook up your phone and sync it with your PC, it transfers back into your phone. There should be a way to sync your contact as well. Someone might jump in to provide more info on this.