Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nevermake

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 24, 2011
Hey everyone

Ever since I updated to 10.7.2, I've been getting some weird issues with Lion. The menu bar, top right, where all the icons for Battery, Spotlight, TM and so on are, crashes all the time (like literally every 30 seconds), and then reappears. Spotlight is non-functional, i can click on the magnifying glass icon, type one letter, and it will crash again.

Did anyone else come across this problem?
Can I fix it?
...or do I have to reinstall OSX?

Thanks for any help, it's really starting to p*** me off... :/

netnothing

macrumors 68040
Mar 13, 2007
NH
Hey everyone

Ever since I updated to 10.7.2, I've been getting some weird issues with Lion. The menu bar, top right, where all the icons for Battery, Spotlight, TM and so on are, crashes all the time (like literally every 30 seconds), and then reappears. Spotlight is non-functional, i can click on the magnifying glass icon, type one letter, and it will crash again.

Can I fix it?

Try downloading the Combo update and installing again.
http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1459

-Kevin

rkaufmann87

macrumors 68000
Dec 17, 2009
Folsom, CA
Hey everyone

Can I fix it?

+1 with KDMB, re-download and install the 10.7.2 combo update, sounds like a corrupt download or install.

Nevermake

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 24, 2011
I reinstalled the combo pack and wow, it worked for like 10 seconds!

Unfortunately, after spotlight started indexing the problem reappeared. It seems, every time Spotlight starts to index, it starts crashing.

Is it possible that there is an issue with my hard drive? I have a MacBook Pro 2011 with a OCZ Agility 3 SSD and the Factory 750GB HDD in the Optibay...

According to Disk Utility, my drives are fine. But somehow I have a bad feeling about this, every time I open Disk Utility, I get Beachballs and lags...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.