Losing my mind trying to pictures back onto iOS 8.3

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by Shockwave78, Apr 8, 2015.

1. Shockwave78 macrumors 65816

Shockwave78

About to blow...This icloud photo/ photo stream / photo sharing ordeal is still a mess if you do not dedicate yourself to icloud. I had some 800 pictures on 6 plus before upgrading to 8.3 from 8.3 beta. As usual i figured i would do a clean install which is always best when going from a beta to official release.

I imported and saved all my pictures and videos to my PC and they are safely there. But how the hell do i get the photo's back on my phone into the camera roll other than syncing through the itunes photo tab? If i use that method, i cannot delete any of those 800 pictures on my phone, 300 of them are burst photo which have de-nested are now you have to scroll through tons of them.

Only other other option i can think of is to upload them to a online storage and then press and hold the picture, then save to camera roll one by one..

I also tried downloading icloud control panel for windows, years ago you could dump files into the my photo stream folder from your PC and they would show up on your devices photostream shortly there after, that is also not working now..

any ideas?

2. CTHarrryH macrumors 65816

I hate it also - now I have duplicate pictures and I guess I have to go back in iTunes to delete? or not sync.
    I think the whole new app and conversion was very confusing and it could have been handled very differently. I didn't understand what I had to sync vs what was already on the phone.

I have no desire to store all my photos in the cloud.

3. Shockwave78 thread starter macrumors 65816

Shockwave78

Well i found a solution, download the "Documents" app in the app store, should be the first result when looking for it, has the "D" as the logo.

Use these instructions(very first section)
    http://7labs.heypub.com/mobile/iphone/save-photos-to-camera-roll-recently-added.html

The only thing that is not right is the the burst photos are not nested of course, but everything does get dumped back into your camera roll. The only regret i have is not deleting all my current photos i had in there that were part of my icloud drive, which was about 175 photos. Before i wiped my phone and reinstalled 8.3 i had about 800 photos.

So i will go through all 1000 photos and pretty much delete most of the duplicate burst photos and i should be good.