losing service whenever i try to make a call

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by drifter666, Apr 18, 2011.

1. drifter666 macrumors newbie

hi all I've been having a very annoying problem with my 3gs on 4.2.1 jailbroke with redsnow 0.9.6b5 and unlocked on tmobile. I love my phone and it has served me very well until last Sunday, my girlfriend has a 3g from when they first came out she is on my plan and also using tmobile.

Recently I changed her housing to a shiny gold one, looks sweet but it took me a little while so i let her use my 3gs. All I did was restore a backup from her phone so she could have her contacts and stuff, once her phone was done I took mine back and restored it with my backup and now just about when ever I go to make a call i will go from 5 bars of service to "no service" just by hitting the call button and obviously I don't get to make my call.

I went to tmobile and they gave me a new sim card for free but that didn't fix the problem. If i put my girlfriends sim card in my phone there is still no service. What can I do to fix this? I have re jail broke it, reinstalled ultrasnow a few times I dont know what else to do.

2. drifter666 thread starter macrumors newbie

I really hate to do this but bump, I really need help with this, almost 100 people have looked at this and no ideas?

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Restore, rejailbrake, install ultrasnow and setup as new phone.
    Dont restore from backup cause that might be what's causing the bug/problems.