Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Biggin587

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 27, 2011
So I bought an FM Transmitter for my iphone 4s. The first couple of times I used it without any issues. Now (a couple days later). When I dock my iPhone to the Transmitter and start up Pandora the iphone begins to loose signal bars. It will eventually go from 3G to Edge then to the little sircle icon. If I unplug the iPhone the service will go back to 3G. What gives? This makes no sense to me....Any help would be appreciated...Thanks

kicko

macrumors 65816
Aug 26, 2008
does this happen when your moving? or sitting in the driveway? does Pandora ever lose signal enough to stop playing music?

Biggin587

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 27, 2011
does this happen when your moving? or sitting in the driveway? does Pandora ever lose signal enough to stop playing music?

Yes both moving and sitting and yes it does lose the connection all together. Also if I didn't mention, I have AT&T as my provider. It's very odd. I will put it in the transmitter and it will go from full bars with 3G to no bars. Not sure if the transmitter is causing interference with the cell service or what? Thanks for the reply. :)

takeshi74

macrumors 601
Feb 9, 2011
Your OP seems to indicate that's the issue. If you lose coverage everytime you connect and regain it every time you disconnect then the only thing you can do is not used the modulator. Try looking into an aftermarket wired interface for your car.

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
Are you able to return the transmitter for another one? That's what I would try first, especially since you are reporting that it worked fine for you for a few day sand the problem has only now begun.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.