losing wireless internet!!!

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by rogue7, Aug 18, 2009.

1. rogue7 macrumors member

i have a 13in macbook unibody and i keep losing my wireless internet i will be connected and then when i go into my network diagnostics everything is green except for my internet and i then have to reenter my password and reconnect with my wireless router this is an annoying problem and was wondering if you guys could help me out

2. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

Are you at the edge of your router's range? Especially when running WEP encryption, the edge of range gets pretty shady in terms of connectivity.

Some details would be nice :)

3. xIGmanIx macrumors 6502a

flash the routers firmware, that has fixed issues for me

4. rogue7 thread starter macrumors member

well i have the router on the same desk as my macbook so im not running out of range its a dlink router

5. Takuta-Nui macrumors regular

I've had no luck with D-Link routers, but it may well not be the issue. Apparently they work well enough that people use them a lot, so I must have had a lot of bad karma hitting me all at once when I had to buy three D-Links in a row before I got one that worked. Even then, it was very weak and I couldn't even go to the other side of the house and stay on the net. That's what made me get the Airport Express.

You may want to check your router, but it could still be the MB that's the problem.

6. clyde2801 macrumors 601

clyde2801

I was having the same issues, but the recent software updates within the last week or two took care of those issues for me (knock on wood).

7. Jasonc23 macrumors newbie

Okay, there is a not well known fix for this. Seems to work for absolutely everybody. Use your i.p to go into your router settings. Change it from b/g/n to b/g. No N but it wont drop

8. andygabriel macrumors regular

I have a similar problem. My white macbook is connected to my Lcd tv. But if the lid of the macbook is open i lose wireless signal. If i close the lid the i have full signal again. It's weird.

Its also annoying because i try to use skype and ichat to do video chat on my tv screen but i cant keep the lid open to use the camera.

Can anyone help?