Loss of action sounds

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by UKmacman, Aug 9, 2008.

1. UKmacman macrumors regular

I have found since upgrading to the latest firmware that every so often I keep on losing my sound (typing click, turn off click etc).

Anyone else experience this and know what can be done?

2. jarvijarv macrumors regular

iPHONE 3G newbie

i've had this happen even before 2.0.1, but found out i had accidently hit the outside mute button...no probs ever since! :D

3. UKmacman thread starter macrumors regular

what do you mean by outside mute? The silence switch?

4. jarvijarv macrumors regular

iPHONE 3G newbie

yes, try switching it on and off and see if that works ;)

5. UKmacman thread starter macrumors regular

When I do a reset it works and then loses it again after a bit. Anyone got any more thoughts?

6. s8film40 macrumors 6502

s8film40

I just had the same problem earlier today. My iPhone suddenly stopped making the lock sound, it would make the unlock sound though. I tried locking and unlocking the phone several times and each time it did the same thing, I then went into the settings and turned the lock/unlock sounds off. I tried it a few times with it turned off then turned the sounds back on and it still only made the unlock sound and no lock sound. I did a reset and it fixed it, but I thought it was odd that there was a distinct pattern. I've seen glitches before where it will sometimes not make a sound but this instance was repeatable with no other sounds affected and even after changing the sound settings.

7. Yasic macrumors member

Yasic

yezz i've had the same, suddenly no lock sound, turned iphone off and on again, it worked after, but it's so annoying how many bugs does this thing have?

8. dwright1974 macrumors 6502

dwright1974

Hello

My iPhone 3G has started doing this in the last couple of weeks, since 2.0.1. I can't trace it, whether it is a hardware or software issue.

It loses all sound. Restarting the iPhone fixes it ... for a while!

Have any of the posters worked this out because I am coming up to 28 days and if it's hardware then I can take it back to O2. If it's software, then it's a wait til 2.1!

TIA

- D

9. Lopes macrumors 6502

I've had this same thing happen to me since buying my 3G iPhone on launch day, and now i'm on my second phone (genius barred it for a different issue), and it still does it. In fact it it did it three times today! I really think it's a software issue because of my scenarios anyway.

I hate to say this, as an apple user for 6+ years, but they've really ***** the bed with these 2.0 version firmwares.

10. Bad Ash macrumors regular

Bad Ash

2.0.2 is here and this is still a issue.... anyone else still have this happening in 2.0.2? Pretty pathetic on Apple's part.

11. SDAVE macrumors 68040

SDAVE

I lost my SMS ringtone when I upgraded...so what you do is go and change your ring tones and it should work again. Under sounds, disable everything and then re-enable it.

12. Bad Ash macrumors regular

Bad Ash

Sure that works but should we have to do that??? No chance... Apple needs to stop breaking things.... never had this issue before 2.0.

13. SDAVE macrumors 68040

SDAVE

I know, but it happens. Maybe they were rushing the fix out because of all the complaints.

I guess you haven't been on the Windows Mobile area yet where there are bugs up the wazoo and the end users have to get used to it or else...nobody listens.

14. Bad Ash macrumors regular

Bad Ash

Trust me I've been around... treo 650, 700p, 700wx, ppc-6700, 6800, touch, first iPhone, now 3g... Still a pain.

15. SDAVE macrumors 68040

SDAVE

Cool, at least you know that no phone is perfect :D

By the way, activesync sucked more than iTunes for syncing.

16. Bad Ash macrumors regular

Bad Ash

Sad but true... :)