Loss of Battery Capacity Normal?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by thewhitehart, Apr 24, 2007.

1. thewhitehart macrumors 6502a

thewhitehart

Before Apple had that recall for ibook batteries, my "exploding" battery had a 96% capacity, even after 67 load cycles.

The replacement battery they sent has only been through 13 load cycles, but it's already down to a capacity of 97%.

I'm getting this info from coconutBattery. The replacement battery had a current capacity of 4600 mAh when I first got it, 200 mAh more than its supposed maximum capacity of 4400 mAh. It is now down to 4274 mAh capacity, in the span of a few days and 2 charge cycles. Is this drastic loss of capacity normal?

I'd rather have the "exploding" battery back if it can hold a 96% capacity after 67 load cycles. I take care of my batteries - I usually fully charge and discharge completely, keeping constant calibration.

2. faintember macrumors 65816

faintember

I was always under the impression that what you described above was stressful on the battery; in other words, only do the charge/discharge calibration once a month or so.

Maybe the new battery does not like the constant cycling you are doing to it? Maybe it's FUBAR as well.

3. jbuckner macrumors member

jbuckner

I'm having problems with my MBP battery also. It has the correct model number as the recalled ones, but not the serial number.