Loss of Contacts and Emails when Updating!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by mafatu123, Jul 23, 2012.

1. mafatu123 macrumors newbie

Hey guys!

I recently updated my mothers iPhone, using the usual computer that I sync it with for music, apps, etc. She hadn't updated the software on it since she bought it, back in October 2011. When I updated the phone to 5.1.1, it seemed that the phone was working fine. However, after looking into the phone further, I found that almost all the contacts had been deleted, and all the mail. Some random contacts were left. I was wondering if there is a way to recover these things, as there were some important emails that were lost. I updated it using a computer, and using options on the computer.

If anyone could help me, that would be amazing!

2. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

I assume you followed the well known road of creating a back up first !

Just use that back up from your computer or iCloud.

3. carlie123 macrumors newbie

Help For Keeping Important Things ON YOUR PHONE

before you do anything like updating ect sign up to forgotyourphone.com and back everything up like contacts important appointments ect so even when your phone does go wrong your loose/break it, you can access everything through someone else's phone, a computer, or simply log in and put everything you lost back on your phone! also, sign up is completely free, it helped me LOADS