Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Timjenuki

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 8, 2024
uk
Hi everyone, I am a relatively new Mac user, having made the change recently from Windows, so please forgive my ignorance if you have an easy answer to my problem.

Since upgrading to Ventura and then Sonoma, I have been unable to preview my photos from with iCloud or my external drive. If I place a jpeg photo on my desktop, I am able to view it in full size.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Timjenuki

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 8, 2024
uk
what method do you use to 'preview' files?
Thanks for your response Zevrix. i use the general method of going to my Photo app, viewing the thumbnails, double clicking and at one time I could view and edit from there. Now I can’t and it seems to be since I upgraded opencore to the latest version on Sonoma. The same happened with Ventura, but strangely not Monterey. I have tried all kinds of things to fix it, including the removal of the appropriate list.. nothing works. I do notice that as the thumbnail downloads, a little circle appears showing download from the cloud. It’s at this point the full size disappears. Very frustrating

zevrix

macrumors regular
Oct 10, 2012
Thanks for your response Zevrix. i use the general method of going to my Photo app...

Now I can’t and it seems to be since I upgraded opencore to the latest version on Sonoma.

Ok I see. I don't have an answer then as I didn't use Photos for years (for anything mobile I switched to Android back in the times of iPhone 5).

Plus using OCLP may add additional layer to you issue, but I don't have any experience with this either... I'm sure others will chime in soon.

Timjenuki

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 8, 2024
uk
Ok I see. I don't have an answer then as I didn't use Photos for years (for anything mobile I switched to Android back in the times of iPhone 5).

Plus using OCLP may add additional layer to you issue, but I don't have any experience with this either... I'm sure others will chime in soon.
Thanks for your efforts anyway Zevrix. I am planning to use photoshop elements organiser which I bought last year. I’m hoping tort the same results 🙂

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.