Loss of Sound

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by manhattanmania, Oct 19, 2007.

1. manhattanmania macrumors regular

Anyone else experiencing this?

A couple of days ago I thought my iphone just wasnt making calls but it turns out after 10 minutes of analyzing what was going on it seemed the earpiece stopped outputting sound. i reset the phone a number of times thinking it was maybe a software issue but even after resets it persisted. i noticed however sound came out of the speakerphone or if i plugged in my headphones.

about a week later it has happened 2 more times, but this time no sound comes out at all... not through the headphone port or speaker phone either, even after resets. sound just reappears when the iphone decides it wants to.

ideas? is this somehow a software issue (it seems like a hardware issue to me cuz resets dont cure it...) chances of getting it replaced by apple? it sucks cuz i cant replicate the problem on the spot but it keeps happening!

2. Dragonomicon macrumors newbie

Yeah that happens to me every so often when I pull the headphone jack out of the phone while it is still playing music. I have found that reinserting the jack a few times solves the problem but because I can't reproduce the issue the Apple store guys can't offer any support.