Loss of Supply Levels - Samsung Laser Printer

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Padsmac, Feb 23, 2010.

1. Padsmac macrumors newbie

Together with my iMac I am running a Samsung CLX-3175FN multi-function laser printer. Up until a few weeks ago everything was running normally and, when I selected 'Print' on a document or anything, the Samsung Smart panel would pop up showing me the current print supplies level. BUT, at some stage recently, no such panel pops up anymore. When I try System Preferences/Print & Fax/Options and supplies/Print levels - all I get is 'Information not available'. Furthermore, the Samsung Smart Panel icon on the top menu bar is now 'dead'.

I have checked with Samsung support and I have uninstalled and re-installed the latest drivers for the printer as they suggested - to no avail.

Samsung support has, in turn, tested the facility independently on several Macs running 10.6.2. and cannot find any issue as it works as advertised. They therefore suggest it might be a problem with my particular installation of 10.6.2.

Before I resort to a complete re-install has anyone else come across this problem please?

iMac 2.16 Dual Core Mac OS X (10.6.2)

2. Padsmac thread starter macrumors newbie

Samsung Printer update

Lots of folks viewing but no ideas forthcoming!

Anyway, good news just in case anyone has had same problem:

An automatic software update panel from Samsung has just popped up on my screen and, surprise surprise, problem has been solved. Smart panel re-activated and all working as advertised.

I have advised the well-meaning techy at Samsung who advised me otherwise!