Lost 3G iPhone, need advice.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Crashing Bore, Jun 14, 2009.

1. Crashing Bore macrumors newbie

My iPhone feel out of my pocket in a cab this weekend. Looking to replace it without paying the silly upgrade premium. Can I cancel my current contract and sign a new one (understand I would be assigned a new number...really don't care about that...), or add a new line then cancel my old one? I've only been under contract for about 5 months, and am not eligible for an upgrade :(, and I understand ETFs' will apply in any situation...any advice?

2. Maclver macrumors 68020

Maclver

You cant cancel a contract then add a new one to the same line... it doesnt work that way.. yes you can add a new line then cancel the old one but AT&T looks down on that and I can't guarantee anything. your best bet is to go into a store and talk to them

3. tayshon macrumors 6502a

tayshon

Go and talk to some one, someone stole my 3G a month after it came out I had to pay the early upgrade fee. You may get a nice rep at the store, never hurts the try

4. Motionblurrr macrumors 6502

OP, add a new line to your account and get the subsidized iPhone 3GS. Wait after 30 days then cancel your account and pay the ETF fee ($175). You HAVE to wait after 30 days because if you do it before, they want the iPhone back but after 30 days it's yours (but you eat the fee unfortunately)

$299 iPhone + $175 fee + ~$60 month plan = cheaper than paying $699 for an iPhone 3GS WITH renewing your 2 year contract.

well that's if they can't help you with anything of course :)