Lost 3rd gen iTouch forced upgrade. The 4th gen is great!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Deaj, Oct 16, 2010.

1. Deaj macrumors newbie

Last week I lost my 3rd gen 32GB iPod touch (actually it may have been stolen but it's gone regardless). While I use my iTouch for some entertainment and media functions it's mostly a PDA for me, a tool I use all the time. Since I rely on it on the job quite a bit I checked the next day to make sure I hadn't left it in any possible location from the morning it went missing and then ordered a replacement.

It's replacement - a 32GB 4th gen iTouch - arrived today. So far I'm finding it to be an improvement all the way around! The sharper corner on the front edge makes it feel as though I have a more positive grip on it. It does feel a bit slimmer. The Retina display is fantastic! The camera will be useful, especially if I can find an app that will store numerical information from a barcode (the barcode reading function as tested is cool). Performance seems snappy. All in all I'm pleased with the 4th gen iTouch!

2. Firestar macrumors 68020

Firestar

3. pimpfighterROQ macrumors newbie

I know what you mean. I myself upgraded from the 2nd gen. The retina display is amazing. Especially the updated games for it. The snap fast A4 chip is way faster than my 2nd gen and my friend's 3rd gen. The camera is okay, needs lots of lighting to make the picture amazing. But in low light situations, it shows it's inferiority. HD video too!

Overall it's an amazing product from apple, very happy with it. Just bought a case for it to bulk it up a bit. People think I have an iPhone lol. I have the 32 gb model

4. Mako5 macrumors regular

Mako5

I upgraded from a 64GB 3G and I am LOVING it. I especially like that is not just thinner but quite a bit narrower too. Retina display is awesome. Feels snappier. Overall a good and noticeable upgrade.:apple:

5. kuctonkucton201 macrumors member

Nice upgrading???