Lost Activity data on 7 plus

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by PBGamer89, Sep 16, 2016.

1. PBGamer89 macrumors member

I did what everyone said to do with the Watch. I unpaired it, and then backed up the phone with an encrypted backup. I restored my backup on my 7 plus and then re-paired my Apple Watch.

At first it wasn't registering any activity, no stand hours, no exercise, the only was calories from the iPhone and then I rebooted my Watch and got a prompt to set up the Activity feature and then it started registering.

But I went onto the Activity app on my 7 plus and noticed all my Activity data was gone from when I got my Watch at launch last year to yesterday.

I did an encrypted backup, I don't understand why it didn't save over. If I unpair my Watch from my 7 plus and repair to my 6 plus, will it gather the data from my 6 plus and bring it over if I repair to my 7 plus again?

2. Stinsle macrumors member

Stinsle

It will bring the data over if you restore your watch from a backup. When you unpair your watch from your 6 it will do a backup. It should all be there. I did the same thing and was upset that everything was gone. I found out how to pair the watch to a new phone from apple support online. Don't erase your 6 before you get your watch right. Good luck.