Lost AirPlay Functionality

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Th3d0ctor, Jan 23, 2012.

1. Th3d0ctor macrumors member

Th3d0ctor

I'm running 5.0.1 on my 4S and just JBed a day ago and ever since then I can't AirPlayer with any of my AirPlayer devices in my house. The below picture is what shows up when I try to.

iPhone Speaker is how the music should normally sound but is a new option. Clicking iPhone makes the sound music very low coming from the phone. And the options to AirPlayer directly to either my living room or bedroom speakers isn't even there. I've installed a lot of stuff from Cydia in just one day so it could be just about anything. Anyone out there able to help?

Attached Files:

2. TheNosyt macrumors newbie

I have the same exact issue. PLEASE HELP!

i don't know what i installed on cydia, i looked at all of my packages in cydia and can't see anything that is a giveaway. I think i remember installing something that tweaks the iPhone to be able to act as an airplay device but can't even find it in my installed packages or all of cydia for that matter. HELP!

3. Th3d0ctor thread starter macrumors member

Th3d0ctor

Hmmmm. What are you running and on what device?

I have a LOT of stuff installed. If you're willing to give me your full list of installed packages then I can see what packages we have in common.

4. hidefguy macrumors 6502

Try rebooting your router or make sure your on the same network. This use to happen to me before jailbreaking.

5. Th3d0ctor thread starter macrumors member

Th3d0ctor

the issue

finally after restoring and reinstalling everything and uninstalling individual apps and tweaks I narrowed it down to hands-free control, which makes me sad because I really like this new tweak..

I've written the dev and hope there's a quick fix.

6. TheNosyt macrumors newbie

so i just restored and re jb'd. I did have HFC installed at the time and didnt think about try just uninstalling it to see if it would fix it. hope that somewhat helps.

Th3d0ctor , did you recreate the issue again after re-jb'ing it? then fix it from installing HFC?

7. zoogme macrumors newbie

Here is my work around:

If you have HFC which I believe you do if you are having this issue, just do the following which using Airplay under Jailbreak iOS 5.0.1:

Go to Settings->Hands-Free Control->Listening Service: OFF

revert to ON after using Airplay feature. I hope the dev of HFC can resolve

Hope this helps guys,

zoogme