Lost ALL 1,027 Songs

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by mandyreich, Apr 7, 2010.

1. mandyreich macrumors newbie

So,

I was a retard and sync my Itouch with my PC...needless to say every single picture, video and song was deleted. I am using a brand new computer & did not back up my music so I honestly think I am just screwed at this point which is really disappointing. I tried to do some research before I took the plunge to push the button but apparently I was looking in all the wrong places. I hope someone here can help me. I should also share that the computers that I had been using with my iTunes account before were discarded (yes someone deliberately took my stuff to the city dump & had it destroyed - crushed, compacted & burned!) so I honest to God cannot get to that music. PLEASE if you can help me, send me an email!

Thank you for your time.

Mandy

2. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

well you can rerip all your cds no?

sorry, but seems you have learned the VALUABLE lesson of backing up. We have all experienced it in some way or another

3. mandyreich thread starter macrumors newbie

When I said someone took my stuff to the city dump I meant everything accept for what I had in my car with me...darn...anyone want to walk me through how to PROPERLY back up my music files???

4. cmvsm macrumors 6502a

cmvsm

Looks as if you are SOL..that sux. With respect to backing up your files, I keep 3 copies on 3 separate external drives. Two get updated every week, then unplugged and back into the cabinet. The third external is hooked up all the time and updates automatically through Time Machine.

You obviously don't need to be overly anal like I am, but I'd recommend at least two separate backups somewhere.

5. Corruptitudes macrumors regular

Was it purchased through the Itunes store, or was the music ripped off of cds?

If it was purchased through the itunes store, you might email itunes support, and telling them your hard drive crashed and you lost all of your music. They may let you redownload everything dependent upon how much of it was purchased. Thats what I did when my TimeCapsule died and I had stored all of my music on it so that all family members can easily access it. I will never do that again.

Now I constantly backup...

6. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

in that case, file a small claims case for that against whoever did it and rebuy them all?

7. Black Belt macrumors 6502a

Black Belt