Lost all bookmarks

High Desert

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 26, 2015
Powell Butte, Or.
Updated to IOS 12 a few days ago. Last night, I went to check the web and all my bookmarks had disappeared. Went to my uClouud account to restore and the only bookmarks there were two I had deleted Ed days ago. What is going on with the new iOS update???

ectospheno

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2005
There is no widespread "bookmarks disappeared" issue. You can setup the phone as new and you'll still get your bookmarks when you sign in. User error is far more likely.

High Desert

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 26, 2015
Powell Butte, Or.
I don't think anyone mentioned a "widespread bookmarks disappeared" issue. I am just stating a simple fact of occurrence with my phone, an iPhone 7 that iOS was upgraded to 12 on. As to "user error", having used this system for two years, I don't think this is the cause. I have also noticed other odd things happening with the update. So, I will just reinstall the bookmarks - not a big deal, just a point of information.

High Desert

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 26, 2015
Powell Butte, Or.
This is really weird. This morning, all my bookmarks reappeared on my phone. Odd, since iCloud did not show any bookmarks when I tried to restore them. Something is definitely off with iOS 12.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.