Lost all contacts

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by wrz0170, Jul 24, 2010.

1. wrz0170 macrumors regular

Hi everyone! I had something weird happen and I cannot pinpoint when it happened. I lost all my contacts except one on my iP4, MBP and Mobileme. I did a few syncs this morning and thought nothing of it as the rest has been working great.

I have the latest iTunes, latest iP4 software.

Am I screwed or is there a hope? Not sure if a restore would work or not since I am not sure when I lost everything.

Thanks for any help or guidance.

2. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

You’re going to need more info. Contacts is a two-way sync. So, if you went to sync with something where you had deleted all the contacts, then the iPhone would lose all its contacts. On the other hand, if the iPhone had no contacts, and you synced with something that had all the contacts, the iPhone would now have all the contacts.

3. HardDemon macrumors newbie

I'm guessing you've sinced you iPhone already right?

For some reason sincing mine gave them back..

4. wrz0170 thread starter macrumors regular

Hi there! That's the thing. My Contacts on MBP and iPhone matched for the most part. I was having some difficulties with duplicate entries that would appear, separate issue I think. So I know that my contacts were intact because I was deleting duplicate entries on my MBP. Same with my iP4 The perplexing part is that when my contacts were wiped out; all were gone save one.

I even checked my MM account and the contacts were wiped as well.

Now I just recently updated to 4.01. Not sure if that had anything to do with it.