Lost all events in iPhoto: Help please?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by chimpboy74, Jul 20, 2010.

1. chimpboy74 macrumors 6502a

chimpboy74

Hi
    I have searched around but cant find an answer that works to this problem.

I recently lost all events from iphoto 08 7.1.5 (not sure why but it coincided with HDD getting full.

I have tried various things to rebuild the library, reimport etc but I cant get all the events back. I do have time machine but I imported a load of photos since last backup and cant lose them.

All the original photos appear to be there but just cant for the life of me get the events to appear back

Can someone help please?

2. skybolt macrumors 6502a

Not at the mac right now, so can't be too specific, but I'll try. First of all, look in the left pane at the top. You ARE looking at "Events" rather than "Photos" aren't you? If you are looking at "Events", select all your photos (CMD-A) and then in the menus there is an option to create events based on date (I think, there may be more options, but since I can't check, I can't be sure). That would not necessarily get your events back the way they were, but it would certainly help get them sorted.

Check these two things out and report back and if we need to help some more, we will.

3. chimpboy74 thread starter macrumors 6502a

chimpboy74

thanks for this. I tried it and ot worked. However i have just realised that not all photos are in the iphoto library (it shows 2500 and I know I have 30000+) I have tried to import them and eventually tracked them all down however it wont let me batch import the folders (ie each year has several events in it as folders, if I highlight just the year folder and ask it to import it gives an error - probably becaus its a folder not an image file. I can go through each folder till I find teh files and import that way but its going to take forever - 8 years worth of photos each year with several sub events - know any quick ways round this?

I'm thinking I'm going to have to time machine and lose the few that have gone on in last weeks but I dont want to lose other items on the macbook (stuff downloaded to itunes etc etc) Can you timemachine only an application ie iphoto?