Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Original poster
Nov 14, 2011
I didn’t think about it and no one at the Apple store told me to unpair my watch from my old phone before setting up the new phone and wiping the old one. When I restored from the most recent backup (today) I had zero activity history. The next most recent backup it shows is from January. I have sleep tracking apps that use the watch to track my sleep that have all my history but the activity app doesn’t. What a bunch of BS. And if you have to unpair from an old phone before setting up a new phone then store employees should make sure to inform you of that. I’m sure a lot of non-techie people wouldn’t even give their watch a second thought. Also when your phone backs up to iCloud does it back up activity data? If so why wouldn’t that transfer when you restore from backup?

ZebraDude

macrumors 65816
Sep 7, 2014
Naperville, IL
I didn’t think about it and no one at the Apple store told me to unpair my watch from my old phone before setting up the new phone and wiping the old one. When I restored from the most recent backup (today) I had zero activity history. The next most recent backup it shows is from January. I have sleep tracking apps that use the watch to track my sleep that have all my history but the activity app doesn’t. What a bunch of BS. And if you have to unpair from an old phone before setting up a new phone then store employees should make sure to inform you of that. I’m sure a lot of non-techie people wouldn’t even give their watch a second thought. Also when your phone backs up to iCloud does it back up activity data? If so why wouldn’t that transfer when you restore from backup?

Starting in iOS 11 Health (activity,...) is backed up to the iCloud. It is OFF by default (have no idea why) once turned on it will back up health data assuming you have the space available.

Reactions: 44267547

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Original poster
Nov 14, 2011
Starting in iOS 11 Health (activity,...) is backed up to the iCloud. It is OFF by default (have no idea why) once turned on it will back up health data assuming you have the space available.
#%^! Apple

Reactions: ZebraDude

matrix07

macrumors G3
Jun 24, 2010

You don’t back up to iCloud?

NVM. Just read entire post. I guess I’m ok then?

Attachments

• 4B26E8DD-4447-40A0-80C0-5F0CE76A8304.png
    4B26E8DD-4447-40A0-80C0-5F0CE76A8304.png
    112.9 KB · Views: 184

ftaok

macrumors 603
Jan 23, 2002
East Coast
Just curious, but why were you setting up the phone at the Apple Store? Did you have to turn in your old phone because of an IUP?

I always wait until I get home to set up my phones, but I don't do the upgrade plans.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.