Lost all my activity data from my watch

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Rogifan, Nov 3, 2017.

1. Rogifan macrumors Core

Rogifan

I didn’t think about it and no one at the Apple store told me to unpair my watch from my old phone before setting up the new phone and wiping the old one. When I restored from the most recent backup (today) I had zero activity history. The next most recent backup it shows is from January. I have sleep tracking apps that use the watch to track my sleep that have all my history but the activity app doesn’t. What a bunch of BS. And if you have to unpair from an old phone before setting up a new phone then store employees should make sure to inform you of that. I’m sure a lot of non-techie people wouldn’t even give their watch a second thought. Also when your phone backs up to iCloud does it back up activity data? If so why wouldn’t that transfer when you restore from backup?

2. ZebraDude macrumors 65816

ZebraDude

Starting in iOS 11 Health (activity,...) is backed up to the iCloud. It is OFF by default (have no idea why) once turned on it will back up health data assuming you have the space available.

3. Rogifan thread starter macrumors Core

Rogifan

#%^! Apple

4. matrix07 macrumors 601

matrix07

You don’t back up to iCloud?

NVM. Just read entire post. I guess I’m ok then?

Attached Files:

5. ftaok macrumors 603

ftaok

Just curious, but why were you setting up the phone at the Apple Store? Did you have to turn in your old phone because of an IUP?

I always wait until I get home to set up my phones, but I don't do the upgrade plans.