Lost all my contacts after update

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by jan08, Apr 4, 2011.

1. jan08 macrumors regular

I need some help if possible. I've updated today from 4.1 to the new 4.3.1 jailbreak. I have restored from backup but all my contacts have gone. I can't think what to do, I have tried a few times to restore from backup all haven't worked. All I have is numbers with no names on my Favorites list and my call history.

2. porka macrumors newbie

Had the same problem going from 4.2.1

Luckily had most of my numbers in windows contacts from a sync a while ago, but then I turned it off as the regular sync backup kept them. Not any more it seems !

If you don't have your numbers synced you will need to restore from a previous backup, not the one you did just before 4.3.1, sync your contacts with windows or whatever, and then restore again with the latest backup.

3. jdminpdx macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

I have all my contacts backed up and syned with gmail. If you use gmail then it's a great option.

4. phigment macrumors newbie

Same issue for ME! and I'm restoring from a backup from last week. Contacts are gone. If I restore from backup and once the iphone restarts and I got to address book, I see all my contacts there...then 1 second later...they turn into just phone numbers. Don't know what to do!!!

5. bholaladka macrumors regular

Frak!!! my contacts are gone as well! any suggestions guys??

6. alanlau007 macrumors member

I'm having the same issue too. See all my contacts there...then 1 second later...they turn into just phone numbers. Tried putting AddressBook.sqlitedb into iPhone, still nothing...

7. kalirob99 macrumors 68000

kalirob99

Same here >_<, I hate these small little "fixes" that end up screwing stuff like this up. 4.3.1 is such a pain I might just go back to 4.2.1. BiteSMS crashes now, themes are a pain to reset up and almost every other Cydia app is incompatible.

8. AdrianK macrumors 68020

+1 for Gmail, free push contact sync, works perfectly.

Or add your contacts to OS X's address book app, then sync that with your iPhone, done.

9. kalirob99 macrumors 68000

kalirob99

What about us PC users? Sounds like a work around for now at least.

10. AdrianK macrumors 68020

You can sync Windows' address book with iPhone...

11. kalirob99 macrumors 68000

kalirob99

Hmm, alright. I only asked as my iPhones address book is much tidier. My Windows one is a crap load of nonsense and old contacts. >_< Basically, I'm sick and feeling lazy and want the easiest path atm lol.

12. 700-Grizz macrumors 6502

Im right there with ya! went from JB 4.01 to JB4.3.2 and ZEROOOOOO contacts left just phone numbers Shiiiiit

13. Utilized macrumors newbie

Found solution

Just download the program ibackupbot you can use the free part no need to pay for anything. The program will allow you to access all the old iPhone backup's and you can select view contacts and restore them to your iPhone right from the program.

14. 700-Grizz macrumors 6502

I set up the gmail sync, thru exchange on my iphone like the instructions said to and everything seemed to go ok! But how do you get it to sync...lol Its not doing anything

15. scotty588 macrumors 6502

I had this exact same problem. My favorites would flash for a second then change to numbers, and nothing in my contacts tab.

1st time I updated and JB:
    1. restored to 4.3.2
    2. jailbroke with redsn0w
    3. restored my itunes backup.

2nd time around in an effort to restore my contacts
    1. restored to 4.3.2
    2. restored my itunes backup
    3. jailbroke with redsn0w.
    My contacts now appeared normally.

16. scotty588 macrumors 6502

Also, for those that use gmail to sync contacts, how can I transfer all the contacts on my phone to gmail? I believe if I enable it through itunes it will replace everything on my phone with the gmail address book, which i don't want.