LOST all my info while updating to iOS4

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Ytsephill, Feb 26, 2011.

1. Ytsephill macrumors newbie

Hey guys,

So I left my iphone 3G updating to iOS4 during the night as the backup process looked like it would take a lot of time.

I originally created my profile on my laptop but eventually "associated" the iphone with my main computer.

So when I woke up I see the iphone already restored and then it's asking me to which profile I want to restore. So it happens my profile is NOT there! All I can see is a profile named 'Unknown' to which I restored but it doesn't have anything.

I would really appreciate any advice you guys can give me
    I'm stressing out here cause I had a lot of important stuff there

Thanks in advance
    Phillip

2. funwithamar macrumors regular

the computer that u normally sync ur iphone with has ur back up profile which u can use to restore all ur info.

on a mac go to itunes prefs and select devices .. it shows u the back up for all the devices ..

if u use a windows PC go to
    (not sure) edit>prefs> devices .

if u have ever used that pc with ur iphone u should be able to see ur back up profile there .

fyi : if u do not want to restore to that back and just want to get ur info out google for iphone backup extractor application

Update:
    u may be able to get ur contacts if u had synced then with the Address book application (mac ) or windows Addressbook/outlook (pc) .

3. Ytsephill thread starter macrumors newbie

Hey, thanks for the reply.

I see my latest backup profile in the devices, how can I restore the iphone back to it now?

4. funwithamar macrumors regular

just right click on ur iphone in itunes side bar and select "restore from backup"

it'll ask ur what back up u want to use. select ur device and u're done.