Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iOwnxD

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 9, 2008
I messed my hard drive up by accident and had to reformat. There was no way I could get any of my files so I lost all my songs. I just need a program that will allow me to rip all my songs and my apps from my ipod touch. All help is really appreciated.

Edit: I found a way to rip my songs, but I still need a way to get my apps.

Cinematographer

macrumors 6502a
Sep 12, 2005
far away
Try to download an already purchased application (on the same iTunes account of course) and the system should know that you already payed for the app. A window like the following should appear:

Attachments

• Bild 1.png
    Bild 1.png
    47.8 KB · Views: 69

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
If the apps are still on your Touch, connect to computer, start iTunes, right click on the Touch icon, select "transfer purchases."

For any apps that weren't on your Touch, go to the iTunes menu, Store > View My Account. Type your password when prompted, then click "Purchase History." Any app that is listed in your purchase history, you will be able to redownload for free, even though iTunes would first give you a message saying you'll be charged for it. Just click "ok" and the next message you get will be "You have downloaded this app before, redownload for free?" They really need to change that order... *sigh*

iOwnxD

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 9, 2008
Click on the app to buy, it will tell you that you have already bought it - and do you want to redownload it. Just say yes and go from there!

I had a lot of apps and I really do not remember all of them . =\

iOwnxD

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 9, 2008
If the apps are still on your Touch, connect to computer, start iTunes, right click on the Touch icon, select "transfer purchases."

For any apps that weren't on your Touch, go to the iTunes menu, Store > View My Account. Type your password when prompted, then click "Purchase History." Any app that is listed in your purchase history, you will be able to redownload for free, even though iTunes would first give you a message saying you'll be charged for it. Just click "ok" and the next message you get will be "You have downloaded this app before, redownload for free?" They really need to change that order... *sigh*

Thank you so much, I'll try this.

Austin2048

macrumors 6502
Mar 16, 2009
Holmes, Pennsylvania
I messed my hard drive up by accident and had to reformat. There was no way I could get any of my files so I lost all my songs. I just need a program that will allow me to rip all my songs and my apps from my ipod touch. All help is really appreciated.

Edit: I found a way to rip my songs, but I still need a way to get my apps.

you gotta tell me how to rip music off my your iPod. the only copy i have of my music is on my iPod and id be screwed if anything happened to it and its been acting weird lately like it did before all the music got wiped off it awhile ago somehow. i really dont wanna loose that music again

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.