iPhone Lost all of my boss' data and apps...

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by blizeH, Sep 13, 2012.

1. blizeH macrumors 6502

Just as we're both on the fence with regards to Android vs iOS, this happens!

He was trying to update to 5.1.1 and jailbreak, it wouldn't work, so I restored his device to his latest backup, only to find out that for some very strange reason, his 'Applications' section was missing, and absolutely none of the apps were synced or backed up!

Is there any way at all to fix this? He has a backup and the restore *does* restore some of his info (ie contacts, messages etc) but anything relating to apps is missing.

:( Thanks

2. blizeH thread starter macrumors 6502

There is not a single app that has been saved on his iTunes. I'm thinking of downloading them all again manually, which will take ages, but will his phone then restore everything as it should do?

3. blizeH thread starter macrumors 6502

Sorted now, kinda - it turns out the apps were actually never on his phone, before I did the restore earlier, every single app he clicked on would fail to load. Had to re-download everything, bit of a pain on 3G, but having then synced with iTunes it's okay :)

4. nonamelive macrumors member

nonamelive

Try to reinstall those apps on his iPhone, see if the data was lost or not.

5. ipader macrumors member

Lost all of your boss's stuff........ Try Monster.com or CareerBuilder.com

I had the same issue- try syncing to itunes. If that doesn't work, go to the AppStore and go to updates and update all. If this doesn't work then you may have to re-install one at a time.

6. Asator macrumors 6502a

Asator

Boss: I want to do that jailbreak thing, I hear you can get all this cool **** on there?
    Dude: Yeah, it's so easy man, I do this stuff all the time. I can take your phone home and do it tonight and bring it back tomorrow.
    Boss: Oh really? Don't lose any of my important data though will you?
    Dude: Nah bro, I'm an expert. Trust me.

*Dude gets home: Oh **** me, I have lost all my bosses stuff and now I've lost all my cred that I built up at work. I'll have to post on MacRumors to see if any of the other dudes that actually know what the **** to do can help me.

Oh no help!?

PLEASE KILL ME NOW.

7. iapplelove macrumors 68040

iapplelove

lol

8. Dkorda macrumors 6502