Lost all of my custom alert sounds

Discussion in 'macOS' started by parrothead, Nov 7, 2007.

1. parrothead macrumors 6502a

parrothead

For the past several years I have been using a custom sound as my alert sound. Now that i just "upgraded" to Leopard, the custom sound has been removed. I tried putting the small mp3 file back in the sounds folder like I have done ever since 10.2 but it doesn't work. Does anyone have any idea what is going on, and how I can get my custom sound back?

It is frustrating, due to many other problems on top of this one if I didn't have to use bootcamp all the time I would go back to using 10.4. :mad:

2. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

Have you tried restarting once you dropped that sound file in the right place.

Can't you go back to tiger anyway even if you have a bootcamp partition, I dont see why that should stop working.

3. parrothead thread starter macrumors 6502a

parrothead

Yes I tried a restart, and it did nothing. I can't go back to tiger because I actually have to use bootcamp to boot in windows. The whole reason I went to Leopard was because the bootcamp beta expired and it stopped working. I know there was a work-around where the date could be changed to get the beta to be active, but that is a huge pain especially when the files I am working with are date sensitive.

4. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

But surely it doesn't acutaly stop you booting into Bootcamp, only the bootcamp setup assistant no longer works.

Perhaps repairing permissions might help because they could be messed up(?) long shot.

5. parrothead thread starter macrumors 6502a

parrothead

Actually I was surprised to find that it does actually stop you from booting into bootcamp. The computer goes into an endless loop of almost booting and then blue screening. That gets fixed it you change the date before you reboot. Very annoying stuff.