Lost all text messages, can I get them back?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by ryguy2303, Oct 11, 2009.

1. ryguy2303 macrumors 6502

ryguy2303

I tried to JB but failed so I restored my phone (might still be in recovery mode? Idk) and now my apps arrangement and text messages (and probably more stuff) are missing. Can someone help me? :( pleaseee

2. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

only way i know is if you can restore from your previous backup, then it will all restore back to how it was. But I'm not sure if that is even an option for you right now.

3. ryguy2303 thread starter macrumors 6502

ryguy2303

It gives me the option to restore from a backup but every time I do that, it just restores to factory conditions. Any ideas?

4. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

5. Mystikal macrumors 68020

Mystikal

Why exactly did you save texts? Was it important info, or something personal?

6. ryguy2303 thread starter macrumors 6502

ryguy2303

I thought I did. I synced it. Does that not do force iTunes to make a backup? If not, how can I force it to make a back up? I got it to restore with my txts from last month since that was the only one I could choose from. Thanks for the help guys

7. lollicup macrumors regular

syncing is not the same as making a full backup.

In fact making a partial backup is also not the same as a full backup ( if it fails, you will not be able to use it like a backup)

Looks like you screwed yourself

but I'm glad you got some of your texts back

btw you're in the wrong subforum ( you should be posting in the troubleshooting/help subforum http://forums.macrumors.com/forumdisplay.php?f=109)