Lost all the songs from my itunes

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Zeppelin707, Feb 5, 2008.

1. Zeppelin707 macrumors newbie

Ok so i got a new computer sold the old one and not my new computer doesn't have the itunes library on it. So if i plug my ipod with all the music that took forever to get into my computer will i loose all my songs since the library is empty? Helppp

2. iphonesrq macrumors 6502

3. Zeppelin707 thread starter macrumors newbie

4. aross99 macrumors 68000

aross99

5. Topher15 macrumors 6502a

Topher15

Why didn't you copy the music from your old computer before you sold it!

6. Rowlander macrumors member

That´s what I hate about iTunes. :mad: It doesn´t remember which music you bought with your account. It wouldn´t be hard to offer that. Xbox Live Marketplace works that way for example. If you delete something, you can redownload it again later since the systems remembers that you have already paid for it. You wouldn´t have to worry about backing up your entire collection, if iTunes worked that way!

But if you have the music on your iPod and you log in with your account on iTunes, can´t it copy the music onto your computer? I don´t have an iPod so I´m not sure which way it works.

What about this scenario for example: Assuming you buy something on your laptop and copy it to your iPod, shouldn´t you then be able to copy that music to your PC/MAC too from that iPod? I´d actually like to know how exactly it all works. And what doesn´t work.

7. aross99 macrumors 68000

aross99

I believe Apple will give you a one-time opportunity to redownload all of your PURCHASED music if you lose it like this, but you will have to call or e-mail them...

8. Cinematographer macrumors 6502a

Cinematographer

That's true. Apple makes a once-in-a-lifetime exception if you're stupid enough to delete your music.

Maybe someday people will learn to backup and protect their media collection. :rolleyes: