lost appleworks menu bar

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by suttonman, May 13, 2009.

1. suttonman macrumors newbie

The menubar has disappeared.
    How can I get it back?

2. PeggyD macrumors 6502a

Do you mean the Button Bar? (The menu bar is the white(ish) bar at the top of your monitor in all applications.)

First go to the menu bar & click on Window & if it says Show Button Bar, select that. It will change to Hide Button Bar.

If it already says Hide Button Bar, you have corrupt AppleWorks preferences. It could be the Button Bar preferences or the other AppleWorks preferences. I would start with deleting To delete AppleWorks’ preference files, go to HD > Users > (your account) > Library > Preferences. Find and delete the file com.apple.appleworks.plist. Find and open the folder AppleWorks in this Preferences folder, then delete all of the enclosed files except of the Button Bar. AppleWorks will recreate the preference files as it needs them. Restart AppleWorks & see if you can show the Button Bar. If this didn't work, go back & delete ALL of the preferences, including the Button Bar prefs. I suggest not deleting the Button Bar preferences initially if you've customized the Button Bar because it's so time-consuming to reset it.