Lost Applications - 10.5

Discussion in 'macOS' started by tecwhizz, Jul 11, 2012.

1. tecwhizz macrumors newbie

I was having some issues with my iMac G5 (Lift off fans) and it was running Leopard. I used the original install media which downgraded into the murky depths of about 10.3, and so I couldn't use any of my programs. It sat dormant for about a year, until I managed to get OS X Leopard off eBay. (I had bought the G5 off eBay, with Leopard on it.) I used the upgrade option, as it was available. However, once I have upgraded, I tried to update to the latest version of Leopard, and it wouldn't boot, so I ran the installer again, this time telling it to archive my files, and create a fresh install. When I look in the previous systems folder, I can only find the archive created when I first downgraded to 10.3, and for some reason, it had lost all of my applications (Including iLife) and now I cannot find them! Is there a way of restoring them somehow, or do I now need to get iLife '08 off eBay?:(

2. Gregg2 macrumors 603

If you don't have a clone of the hard drive with those applications on it, you need a disc or a download to reinstall them.