Lost Applications

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Juo100, Jul 21, 2008.

1. Juo100 macrumors regular

This is pretty stupid but I recently did the jailbreak on my iPhone and restored it using an old backup, anyway Ive lost access to some applications that I paid for, anyway to get them back using iTunes?

Check for purchases informs me that All purchases have been downloaded for this account however my recently purchased list directly contradicts this...

The reason I didn’t have a recent backup is because they always took so long and I thought id left one to run over night but obviously it didn’t complete.

Anyway any help appreciated, thanks.

2. zephead macrumors 68000

zephead

With paid apps, Apple lets you download the ones you purchased as many times as you want, but still keeps the limit on the amount of devices you're able to use them on. I don't know the exact procedure, but you should be able to re-download them. On the app page maybe?

3. Juo100 thread starter macrumors regular

That’s what I heard on the iPhone alley podcast however, as an example, I paid for Enigmo

[​IMG]

is what I see when I browse to the app store, im scared to click it incase it really does charge me.

UPDATE: Well I thought id just try it and,

[​IMG]

I feel a bit stupid now. Thanks anyway, zephead.

4. zephead macrumors 68000

zephead

5. MacGeek7 macrumors 6502a

MacGeek7

And we can't do this with purchased music/movies/tv shows because why? =/

6. zephead macrumors 68000

zephead

Beats me. :confused:

7. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

Because the copyright holders won't allow it, because they have other places to distribute. With apps, Apple specified the rules to use the SDK and be on the AppStore (their only legal outlet), so they got to dictate the terms.

TEG

8. fatalcure macrumors newbie

Mine doesn't do that for paid apps :/
    I tried redownloading scrabble but i didn't get the screen that i've already purchased, said that my credit card will be charged and do i wish to continue....
    Although, i do get that screen for redownloading my free apps i've downloaded

9. mrjarvie macrumors member